[Pentagon spent $5.5 billion hours before the "shutdown"... I guess the Congressional bartender shouted, "Last call" and rung the bell...
The "shut down" is a myth and a scam.]
If the politicians "go home" in a "government shutdown" all that means is that they are on a "paid vacation" since they are paid annually, not weekly, it merely means they are robbing the people by not working for a salary they already collected; however, if they are on vacation, I guess that is less damage that they can do; but still theft. The U.S. would be better off if on the first day of the year, the politicians cashed their paycheck and went on vacation for a year... of course, those on welfare would not like that, or those who work government jobs, but everyone else would do just fine... so why do those other people (parasites) even exist...? Even if the police powers ceased to be, things would be a little rocky at first, but eventually criminals would be shot dead and the average brainwashed citizen would realize the importance of the second amendment. There would be no need for a 10-year trial and housing a criminal for $50,000 a year, the salary of the judge and all the court, and all the police... some piece of refuse tries to mug, rape, murder, home invade, with the government shut down, individuals would have to defend themselves and if an assailant is shot dead, problem solved and for the price of a bullet or two. Sounds brutal, but it is far less brutal than ALL SOCIETY having to suffer. When someone chooses to violate someone else's life and rights, he forfeits his own. Like I said, it would be rocky at first, but the criminals would soon become extinct once the people starting doing what needs to be done. Unstable, trigger happy people would not live long. Yes, they would cause some mayhem before they were put 6 feet under, BUT THEY ALREADY DO...! People in their delusion are just sheltered from it. Don't they read the news? These inhuman creatures are breeding and increasing in numbers. It will all come to a head eventually. It will not be pretty when it does. It is not pretty now, but people choose to look the other way and pretend it does not exist. A PERMANENT government shut down would create a big mess to start with, but it would soon stabilize and be 5,000x better. Jefferson said, "No government is better than bad government."
This shutdown is a game the politicians play, they think it is fun, it let's them flex their power, they themselves don't suffer a bit and get an extra vacation, they then make themselves look like heroes when they "find" a solution; they are no different than a firefighter who purposely sets fires to then be the hero that puts the fire out. In the 1st story below, the author has some good points but is kind of ignorant. He refers to the US as a wealthy country that can afford to pay these prison workers... However, in his ignorance, I guess he does not realize that "wealthy countries" are not $14 TRILLION in debt. Wealth is not the ability to print more fake "Monopoly money." Yes the nation is rich in national resources, but they are all in the hands of the government or the wealthy elite, so that really renders it nonexistent in terms of the benefit to the nation, making it a "wealthy nation." "Wealthy nations" don't have more people on welfare and the government payroll than those who actually work for a living. Such are not wealthy nations, they are despotic states. Despotic states print more fake money when they want it for themselves, but choose not to print it for the common people who are allowed to suffer until they come begging, being reminded who the boss is.
It's pretty funny in an insulting way --and that is the intent-- in Wisconsin, Federal prison guards have to show up to work and will not receive their paychecks (until the "super-politicians" come to save the day) BUT PRISONERS/Housed criminals (now called by the euphemism "inmates") who do prison work are still paid. Just another way the politicians insult and screw over the people; it is the prison guards and others like them, who pay taxes that provide for the salaries of the politicians--who then cancel the prison guards paychecks. It is slavery. They just continue to desensitize people about it more and more each day, and people are so ignorant they don't even realize it, like the frog in the boiling pot of water. Like a new restaurant that opens and serves great meals, then when they get a good base of regular customers, they begin to lower the quality of the food and everything else to make more money... until they run themselves out of business, stupid parasites that they are (but in all fairness, part of the problem is over-taxation, over-regulation, "Health" inspections, etc., that make operating a restaurant so expensive, then rising food costs, restaurants either have to raise prices or lower portion size or lower quality). Like in that previous email that the govt spent something like $35,000 for a single outhouse in Alaska. That is the govt elite rubbing the people's noses in it. And the people take it, so all they can expect is more of the same, while the nation is dismantled, sold off to the highest bidder, and the politicians abscond with all the money. The nation is creeping toward socialism and people don't even realize it... it is blatant in Obamacare and I can't believe the doctors themselves are willing to put up with it. All doctors to be paid the same wage—regardless of speciality, how many years they went to medical school for specialties, whether they went to a prestigious expensive medical school or got their M.D. out of a box of Cracker Jack, whether they have an elite Hollywood, California plastic surgery clinic or a free health care clinic in the Bronx.... if all doctors will be paid the same wage, how will the elite wealthy doctors be able to afford their mansions and expensive cars, vacations... clearly, there must be all sorts of loopholes, such as in George Orwell's Animal Farm, in which it is declared, "all animals are equal" (but pigs are "a little more than" equal)... just like the Politicians exempt themselves from Social Security and Odamna-care with their own top of the line, state of the art, first class pension and health care. It is a communist dictatorship with the elite dictators living like kings and the common people living in the dirt. There is nothing wrong with wealth, but there is something terribly wrong with earning it immorally. Wealthy people have no responsibility to share their wealth with anyone less fortunate; charity, altruism, benevolence, is voluntary—but wealthy people DO have a RESPONSIBILITY not to step all over, abuse, rob, and murder other people in their quest for their own wealth.
In reality, modern capitalism under the auspices of "democracy" in reality is communism; it is just a different degree and called by a different name and explained in a different manner.
Under communism, the state tells you that you are a slave, tells you what your job is, forces you to work, and then tells you, "we will give you this much for your work."
Under despotic (communistic) capitalism (under the unconstitutional delusion of "democracy") the state tells you that you are free (happy slaves produce better) and let you choose your own job, but then tells you, "You owe us this much from what you have produced" (and the amount "owed" increases and increases, as does the cost of everything in a MANIPULATED "free market", so the amount you keep is less and less and does not buy half of what it used to.
The two are really the same thing; a difference only of degrees... the change from freedom to tyranny has been slow so only the older people truly remember what freedom really was; though "freedom" has been taxed and sliced up like a party pizza, and watered down, to only being 5% freedom, but that's all the average person knows, having been raised in the public schools or government controlled "private" institutions, from childhood, and taught to be a part of the system, obey the government, this is freedom, buy now, pay later, trust us.
This strong-arm tactic of the despots works most of the time, but if they misjudge it, that's what start's revolutions. "Let them eat cake." While that (disaffected, self-indulgent nobility) is not really what started the so-called French Revolution, it is what modern U.S. politicians have moulded themselves into being: spoiled aristocrats, most of whom have no honorable heritage and are trash; self-appointed dictators and their cronies and henchmen in a banana republic. Scripture says you reap what you sow and those who live by the sword shall die by the sword. Hopefully the harvest is coming soon. They deserve a bumper crop.
the purpose of corrupt government is total control. DECADES of irresponsibility, banks giving credit cards, companies pushing "buy now pay later" and the foolish average American is so caught up in the "upside" part of the American Dream (which is in reality a neurosis) and they are so completely in denial, they do not even think about what happens when the economy fails and they lose their job one way or the other; everything they own is bought on time, and should the inflow of cash stop, they stand to lose everything... and then feel like a person who has survived a shipwreck, who tries to grab individual pieces of flotsam (imagine a few dozen empty plastic soda bottles) to try and form a raft but he has nothing to tie it all together and all his energies are spent trying to hold it all together that he really spends no time resting and he is by no means safe or out of the water. THAT is the purpose of the government teaching people from the earliest age to be irresponsible--because it is the easiest method to control everyone... enormous debt and everything bought on time makes for a subservient slave. If people do lose everything, I really cannot feel sympathy for them... they lived in the fast lane, they enjoyed the ride, when the ride ends, what do you expect? To feed an insatiable lust for whatever one wants immediately--well, they chose to prostitute themselves for the illusion of prosperity and the illusion of wealth and the illusion of ownership.... they took expensive vacations and wasted money instead of doing without and saving up to actually own something they can afford... so when the illusion ends, they are left with nothing but memories... but that was their choice... true, they were purposely programmed to think that way, but they still had a brain and they still chose to be irresponsible... and people still expect if they have some terrible accident or disease that the government or everyone else is supposed to pay for it. Where in the Bible, the Common Law, or the Constitution is that found... I'm sorry, I can't find it. Bible Law and Natural Law is all that exists and choosing to continue in a psychotic delusion (which is a choice) does not change reality: You reap what you sow; what goes up must come down; nothing is free; everything has to be earned, worked for, or paid for by someone. To expect others to pay for your irresponsibility or health care or anything else, is immoral. People need to wake up and become responsible themselves, and then demand all politicians likewise be responsible and if not they will be held 100% accountable and face civil as well as criminal charges. To print fake money in the private sector is illegal, it is illegal in the government sector. To take a paycheck but not accomplish what you were hired to do is illegal in the private sector, and it is illegal in the government sector too. To spend more money than you have or earn is illegal in the private sector, and it is illegal in the government sector too. Politicians are to be held to a HIGHER standard because they hold a public TRUST. They are not our LORDS, but our SERVANTS and if they try to reverse the roles and act like the master, they should have all their wealth confiscated and be put in prison at hard labor and if they will not work, they can starve to death or be executed... that's the Biblical method for solving crime... in the private sector or the government sector. Politicians are the biggest crooks, they are guilty of 1,000 Enron's and get away with it year after year. Politicians are the biggest murderers, they vote to send our citizens over to murder citizens of other nations and be murdered themselves. WHENEVER there is ANY war, the sons and daughters of the POLITICIANS should be put on the FRONT LINE... when ever the government is out of money, the POLITICIANS' salaries, perks, benefits, pensions, health care, etc., should be the first thing cut. There should be no perks or benefits or pensions or healthcare for politicians and their paychecks should be only the average American wage. If they don't like it, get a real job. Politicians are supposed to SERVE THE PEOPLE, NOT THEMSELVES, and they should serve and not steal.
If all government truly shut down, it would be a blessing. THE ONLY people who would not be happy would be those on welfare and those with government jobs (which is over half the nation). If that half of the nation disappeared over night, no one would miss them. If the other half disappeared (the producers) the other half would die. That is the basic scenario in the fantastic Ayn Rand novel, Atlas Shrugged, which I highly recommend (and which I stock). Gripping read, prophetic, powerful (though utterly secular and godless, it at least pinpoints the problem).
Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand, (35th Anniversary edition) 1075pp., mass market pb. (Signet) 9.00 + P&H; 1168pp., quality pb. (Plume) 20.00 (reg. 22.00) + P&H; 1192pp., Hb. (Dutton) 35.00 (reg. 40.00) + P&H.] Rand was Rothschild’s mistress and had some inside information. Atlas Shrugged is one of the most powerful books I have ever read, she excells in the development of the characters, which you can almost see in your mind. Atlas Shrugged is a riveting prophetic/pop philosophy novel about the Welfare State at its end when the producers rebel and refuse to support the world on the world’s terms.
UPDATE: Government Shutdown
tomfoolery and skulkers
By Robert McCurry
FIRST, the Really Good News
91% Of The IRS Has Been Furloughed
Stupid and Sad:
Incensed: Obama tried to keep the courageous men who saved this nation from seeing their memorial
Stunt at WW II Memorial Shows More Evidence Obama is a Thug
NEWS BRIEF: "Government Shutdown?36 Facts Which Prove That Almost Everything Is Still Running", Men's News Daily, October 2, 2013.
All of this whining and crying about a ‘government shutdown’ is a total joke. You see, there really is very little reason why this ‘government shutdown’ cannot continue indefinitely because almost everything is still running.
* 63 percent of all federal workers are still working -- The Weekly Standard
* 85 percent of all government activities are still being funded -- Senator Rand Paul
"It turns out that the definition of 'essential personnel' has expanded so much over the years that almost everyone is considered 'essential' at this point."
"The following are facts which prove that almost everything is still running during this government shutdown:
* 1,350,000 'Essential' Federal Government Employees Continue to Work. that does not include the 589,000 postal employees, who are working, too.
* The U.S. Postal Service will continue to deliver our mail.
* U.S. military personnel will remain on duty and will continue to get paid. - Washington Post
* Social Security recipients will continue to get their benefits. -- National Public Radio - September 30, 2013
* Medicare recipients will continue to get their benefits. -- National Public Radio - September 30, 2013
* Medicaid recipients will continue to get their benefits. -- National Public Radio - September 30, 2013
* Food stamp recipients will continue to get their benefits -- USDA.gov
* Those on unemployment will continue to get their benefits. -- DOL.gov
* Federal retirees will continue to get their pensions. -- OPM.gov
* The federal school lunch program has enough money to go through at least the end of this month. -- USA Today
* Public schools all over the country will continue to stay open. -- Washington Post
* Almost all federal law enforcement officials will continue working -- InfoWars
* The Federal Reserve will remain "completely functional". -- National Public Radio - September 30, 2013
* The Supreme Court will continue to operate normally and federal courts have enough money to keep going for at least two weeks -- National Public Radio - September 30, 2013
* TSA employees will continue to inspect travelers at our airports - National Public Radio - September 30, 2013
* Hopelessly outmanned border patrol agents will continue to try to stem the tide of illegal immigration. -- National Public Radio - September 30, 2013
* Visas and passports will continue to be issued by the State Department. -- National Public Radio - September 30, 2013
* The Veterans Administration will continue to offer medical services, and it will be able to continue processing benefit payments at least for now. -- VA.gov
* The Department of Defense announced the awarding of 94 new contracts worth a combined total of more than 5 billion dollars on September 30th - the day right before the "government shutdown". -- Defense.gov
* The "government shutdown" has not prevented the new two billion dollar NSA spy center from opening up. -- InfoWars
* Federal prisons will continue to operate normally. -- USGOVINFO.com
* Amtrak trains will continue to run. -- USAToday
* The Patent and Trademark Office will be open -- Washington Post
* The Consumer Product Safety Commission will continue to issue product recalls if the products "create an immediate threat to the safety of human life". -- CPSC.gov
* The National Weather Service and the National Hurricane Center will continue to track weather patterns. -- InfoWars
* If the federal government needs to respond to a natural disaster, this "shutdown" will not affect that. - WhiteHouse.gov
* The IRS will continue to collect taxes, but it will be suspending punitive audits -- Treasury.gov
* Barack Obama will continue to get paid for the full duration of this "shutdown" - CNN
* The U.S. Congress will continue to get paid for the full duration of this "shutdown". -- CNN
* The federal government recently spent $98,670 to construct a single outhouse in Alaska. CNS News
"... perhaps now is a good time for the American people to evaluate whether or not they actually need a gigantic federal government that wastes enormous mountains of our money ... It is about time that Washington D.C. started experiencing some of the "belt-tightening" that the rest of the country has been going through. For far too long, the fatcats in D.C. have been living in an alternate reality where they have been able to live the high life at our expense."
Canadian editorial humor directed at US
Canadian's Version of David Letterman's Top 10 This is Canada’s Top Ten List of America’s Stupidity.
10) Only in America...could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000.00 a plate campaign fund-raising event.
9) Only in America...could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when they have a black President, a black Attorney General and roughly 20% of the federal workforce is black while only 14% of the population is black. 40% of all federal entitlements go to black Americans 3X the rate that go to whites, 5X the rate that go to Hispanics!
8) Only in America...could they have had the two people most responsible for the tax code, Timothy Geithner (the head of the Treasury Department) and Charles Rangel (who once ran the Ways and Means Committee), BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.
7) Only in America...can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.
6) Only in America...would they make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege, while they discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just 'magically' become American citizens.
5) Only in America...could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as "extremists."
4) Only in America...could you need to present a driver's license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.
3) Only in America...could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).
2) Only in America...could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a Trillion dollars more than it has per year - for total spending of $7-Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn't have nearly enough money.
1) Only in America...could the rich people - who pay 86% of all income taxes - be accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any income taxes at all.
A recent email also shared:
I have worked in the government on and off for 40 years. During that time I became quite familiar with requisitions, bidding, awarding contracts etc. It is a time consuming process with bean-counters and pencil-necked bureaucrats every step of the way. The simplest request takes months not days or hours.
In less than 8 hours of the shutdown, miraculously, professionally printed 3X4 foot signs appeared all over the country in the tens of thousands saying-“this [park, facility, etc. with custom logos] closed due to government shutdown. There has not been a government shutdown in 17 years. These signs were designed, specifications were determined, signs were then requisitioned, bids were posted and vetted, government contracts were awarded. The materials were then ordered and the signs manufactured then distributed U.S. Mails or freight companies.
This shutdown was orchestrated and planned well in advance at least 6-8 month ago. Millions of tax dollars were appropriated and spent in this process. There is a paper trail a mile long leading directly to the White House.