[new poem by RAB at the every end.]
Someone emailed the below (my reply follows):
If ecclesia (church) means an assembly as it often refers to in both the ot and nt then could we not consider it, in today’s terms,to be a civil body politic?
This was included in the May flower Compact, if memory serves.
So, if this is the case, what is the use of all these buildings called churches?
Shouldn't they be discussing the things the King has told them?
Didn't this country live by His Word from 1620-1787? Then things changed. We went from the Word as our guide to "we the people", eliminating, for most purpose God out of our lives and using mans' words.
The founders words are often brought up as a guide and sounds good, but, with the constitution accepted did we not do away with the Word to a great extent? Lawyers twist the wording in the constitution every day to achieve their goals, but, they can't twist His Word. Its plain, to the point. Where we are at today in society proves that. His Word prophecies blessings and cursings. Follow His Word we receive blessings, desert them, cursings.
So, I want to know how a civil body politic fits into the ecclesia and can we establish that in the " church". I hope this is not rambling but I have an enquiring mind and want to know. Have we been missing something these past few millennia? If so, shouldn't we be setting things straight?
Subject: Civil-body politic | A Radical Departure
The problem, in one way, began with “the Halfway Covenant” in New England (which region was the nucleus of the spiritual soul of the U.S.) that was introduced by Solomon Stoddard, which allowed nonconverted (nonchristians) people to become church members so that they could vote and hold office; because only church members were allowed to vote or hold office. And the only people allowed to be church members were those of our own people who confessed Christ, whose lives demonstrated true conversion, and who were in submission to the Law of God and the pastor and elders, and if they violated the morality established by God (such as marrying savages, being homoperverts, being whores, whoremongers, adulterers, being drunkards, blasphemers, speaking profanity or perversion, being brawlers, violating the Sabbath, etc.) they were excommunicated and no longer members.
From there is was down hill. It used to be, according to most original State constitutions that only white, landowning, male, Christians (those who actually professed Christ Jesus and His Doctrine) who lived a moral life were allowed to hold office. It is not that there are not many very intelligent and moral women, but that is what God established. Women tend to judge by their emotions, rather than right or wrong; and that is the debris in the mortar; that is the leak in the dike; that is the beginning of compromise and the enemy wiggling into the entire church and state, as we now see it—an utter invasion where were are hated, second-class citizens in our own nation, who have no rights (under the perverse usurpers) to even hold office and our nation is about to be voted out from under us (and then the real bloodfeast shall begin).
All of the original U.S. Colony State constitutions were overtly Christian; by nature, therefore, a confederation of those states could be no other. If you have a bundle of wooden maple dowels, and bundle them together tightly and hold them by strong bands, to make them stronger—the binding of them together does not change the fact that they are maple wood dowels. The U.S. Constitution was not intended to be our soul; but that which bound our souls together in common cause. It did not change our nature (Christian)—though the antichrists among us pervert the spirit and letter of Federal and State Constitutions, even as they pervert the spirit and letter of the Word of God, by modern interpretation that is pleasing to the wicked.
Our Founders (and the Pilgrims, Puritans, Reformers) used the word “religion” as a synonym for Christianity, since they believed (as it is) that it is the only true religion; and because they obeyed God: “no other gods”, “learn not the ways of the heathen”, “be ye separate and join not the unclean people” and “ye shall be holy unto Me: for I the LORD am Holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be Mine”. This “severing” of us from other people (Leviticus 20:26), God said, was even as He separated clean from unclean animals. All animals did not “evolve” from a common ancestor. Sheep and pigs are not related and did not evolve from a common ancestor. Clean and unclean animals, even as God’s people and other peoples, God separated from each other in the very act of creation in making the separate, distinct, and unrelated (and therefore, have no business being mixed together; but are to reproduce as commanded “after his own kind”).
The U.S. Constitution was not meant to be a theological treatise. It was hard enough to get all the delegates to agree on the doctrine and wording of the legal portion of the Constitution—and numerous delegates (rightfully) left the convention and did not sign the Constitution; since it gave too much Federal power, that is, open to later abuse, as we now see is considered “the Law”, when it is not. Only those specific, limited powers granted to the Federal uniting government (we are “these united States”, not THE UNITED STATES) and all other rights were reserved to the States and the people. In fact, the Federal State and the individual State are fictitious entities (they are comprised of people and do not exist without people)—and they have no “rights”. Rights are God-given, inalienable, and possessed only by people—and in our nations, they are possessed only by our people, though the modern seducers have perverted every clause in the Bible and the Constitution to make all “equal”.
To get the delegates at the Constitutional Convention all to agree on theological doctrine and wording would have overstepped their bounds and it would have created an impassable deadlock. While in hindsight... seeing that our nation has been turned into DEGENERATE BABYLON (morally and racially; which our Founders could NEVER have imagined), yes, we with “2020” vision, with the magic crystal ball of history that looks backwards, can easily see where they needed to make things more sure. However, it is not really their fault for not making things more sure, but the fault of our people from having departed from the Bible / true morality, which is what has caused the problems. However, the State Constitutions were the “foundation”. When you build dormers into your attic to expand, you don’t build a new foundation, you build on the existing one. That is what the Federal Constitution was supposed to do. It was not corruptly established, but those who refused to sign it were far-sighted and could see the danger that it incubated (and now the danger is so advanced our nation practically has to be intubated and put on life support—all the while traitorous and invader fools prance about declaring that we are “fine”; while they blame the only solution instead of acknowledging the problem: parasites can’t ever admit the real problem, it would expose them).
The issue of there being no overt Christianity mentioned in the U.S. Constitution, again, is a conceptual problem: as delineated in the Constitution, those rights are reserved to the States and the people. The only rule was that the Federal government would never adopt a specific denomination of Christianity as the official religion—NOT that it would recognize all pagan “religions” as being “equal” to Christianity. However, in perversion of the Constitution, the Federalists now attempt to force on the States the presumed (corrupted) nature of the Federal “government”. The U.S. Constitution did NOT say that the individual States could not have official denominations of Christianity, which they already had! The Federal Constitution had no authority to change the State Constitutions.
The U.S. Constitution / government was not intended to be an all powerful beast or even a “full time job” (with full benefits) for thousands of politicians... though that is what it has been corrupted into. It was intended only to join the various states together in certain common causes (intrastate travel, unite them in war against a common enemy invasion—never involving itself in a foreign war—, guaranteeing protection from tyranny, etc.). Slowly our Christian Constitutional Republic devolved into “Democracy” (which our Founders purposely did not give us—and any politician, educator, jurist, or journalist who refers to us as a “Democracy” shows his own utter ignorance, or outs himself as someone guilty of sedition). A Democracy is an intermediate state (with vague boundaries) leading toward a dictatorship / communism; the earmarks of which, as outlined in Marx’s Communist Manifesto,* are: progressive, heavy income tax, no private ownership of property (including your children), the State educates (brainwashes) the children, state controls and regulates everything (transportation, communication, media, education, and even “religion”—which is considered a neurosis eventually to be replaced by worship of the all-powerful state, the only “god” allowed to be recognized).
[* See my reprinting of it: The Communist Manifesto (1848) [Originally titled: “Manifest of the Communist Party”] by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels (56pp.) — with Illustrated Historical Introduction — & A Comparison of the 10 Planks of the Communist Manifesto, “Democracy,” and Marxist, Unconstitutional U.S. Law, with the Bill of Rights / the 10 Amendments to the Constitution and the 10 Commandments - also containing the Declaration of Independence, Common Law Citations, Court Rulings and Quotes on Freedom, by RAB; Including background info., photos and more: Karl Marx, Philips Corporation family, Adam Weishaupt, Bernard Lazare, Winston Churchill, Dr. Oscar Levy, Maurice Samuel, Marcus Eli Ravage, Samuel Roth, Vladimir Lenin, David Ben-Gurion, Rabbi Stephen Wise, Harry Waton, Friedrich Engels, Moses Hess, Theodore Herzl, Jacob Schiff, Judah P. Benjamin, Albert Pike, John Wilkes Booth, Charles Booth, William Booth, Rabbi Isadore Loeb, Dimitry Manuilsky; exposes Marxist roots of modern banking conspiracy, and those who opposed it: quotes by Jackson, Jefferson, Madison, several U.S. Presidents who spoke out against it and tried to stop it and were assassinated (Lincoln, Garrison, Kennedy). 132pp. total, pb., 12.50 + P&H.]
The Church was not intended to be treated as a “dunce”, not mererly with a dunce-cap, but also with duct tape over its mouth, and relegated to the corner to be silent and impotent and ashamed. The separation of Church (CHRISTIANITY) and State is nowhere found in the Constitution, because our Founders never for a moment thought anyone would be so foolish.
[And this “doctrine” is one of the most-blatant examples of political deception; and the ignorant masses imagine it to be one of the 10 Amendments, hewn in stone, unimpeachable truth. It derives from a twisting of Thomas Jefferson’s words in a private letter to a Baptist denomination. How alleged “Constitutional scholars” can imagine that such satisfied the Legal qualifications for the establishment of law, is dumbfounding!]
The Church was supposed to be, in a sense, “a separate but equal power” to keep the government honest (and in reality, in Jefferson’s letter, the “wall of separation”—which was not any official law, was a wall that protected the Church from the encroachments of a corrupt government!).
Hence, the antichrists that infiltrated our nation had to “cut the Church loose”, “put her to bed” (that is, with the intention to “bury her”): “Smite the shepherd and scatter the flock”, Scripture declares. Now a person is even considered “unfit for office” if he is a Christian! Savages freely commit mayhem. Perverts parade proudly. Animals tear down our statues because all they can do is destroy... and because they cannot truly share in greatness. All that is “acceptable” and “part of their culture”—but our culture, our heritage, our history, our law, our traditions, our faith, our way of life in our own nation is now considered “unacceptable”. Colonial preacher Joel Hawes expressed, “Few people disparage a distinguished ancestry except those who have none of their own.” He, it seems was loosely quoting eminent English author Ben Jonson: “It is the highest of earthly honors to be descended from the great and the good. —They alone cry out against a noble ancestry who have none of their own.” That is, we must become extinct (or be exterminated) so that the aliens can “feel better” about themselves and their inability to build a true civilization (or even maintain one handed to them).
You cannot have aliens and wicked men hold office and expect the nation to survive.
John Adam said “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious [Christian] people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other.” The “honor system” works only with honest and honorable people (and such people are only the product of Christendom).
Adams also noted that the American Revolution would not have been possible without the Protestant Reformation: “Let not Geneva be forgotten or despised. Religious liberty owes it most respect.” Even the unitarian, liberal-minded John Quincy Adams rightfully noted: “From the day of the Declaration [of Independence] they [Americans] were bound by the laws of God, which they all... acknowledged as the rules of their conduct... and the laws of Jesus Christ, which they nearly all acknowledged as the rules of their conduct” and “[From the start, Americans] connected in one indissoluble band the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity.”
James Madison, “Father of the Constitution” expressed, “We have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the power of government, far from it. We have staked the future... upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God.”
[For a plethora of other quotes like these, see my series: America, Christianity, Liberty & Truth: What Famous Men Had To Say, proof America founded as Christian nation; powerful quotes on Bible, Freedom, Race, Heritage, Self-Defense, Property, Constitution, debunking Evolution, Discrimination, etc. World’s greatest minds believed Liberty & Truth inseperable from Jesus Christ & Bible. Contain Supreme Court and Common Law citations.Vol. 1, 54pp., 5.00 + P&H; Vol. 2, 80pp., 6.00 + P&H; Vol. 3, 92pp., 6.00 + P&H; Vol. 4 (the final vol.) 405pp., pb., 20.00 + P&H; indexed. All 4 Vols. 35.00 + P&H; and my, The Liberty Document; full of statistics, common law citations, court rulings, clear thought, powerful info; 350pp., pb., 20.00 + P&H.]
Thus, we see the reason for the injection of alien peoples (the “feet and toes of iron mingled with clay [which represents integration] of Nebuchadnezzar’s dream-image in Daniel 2)—it destroys us, it destroys our faith / true religion, and then our nation is at the mercy of predators and scavengers. That is why millions of aliens are invading us today: for the same reason that vultures follow a dying herd of cattle. This is the fulfillment of the Dragon / Serpent vomiting forth a flood (the Third World) to drown the woman (God’s people) as God prophecied in Revelation. Why? Because God promised to preserve a remnant of His true people, which the peoples of Christendom are and always have been. It is us all the nations of the world want to destroy... not those illegitimate imposters in the litter box in the Middle East who claim to be God’s people, but stole that name and the land and masquerade as God’s people, bearing none of the fruit—for they are no more God’s people than the people who litter the inner cities of Christendom are descended from the Founders of those once-great cities.
However, today, the Church itself is as equally corrupt as the State. Even as the “government” has departed from the State and Federal Constitutions as written by our Founders, so also the Church has departed from the Word of God, true Theology, Sound Doctrine—and blasphemously “rewritten it” according to modern perverse notions, and it is not Christianity that the majority follow, but a hybrid humanism enriched with their favorite paganisms. Jefferson expressed, “On every question of construction [of the Constitution] let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.” Every single modern politician is GUILTY of violating this. So also is the Word of God to be understood. God’s Word is not to be interpreted according to the peverse notions of corrupt people in the 21st century—but by what He meant at the time He gave His Word, which never changes.
The true Doctrine of the Word of God has been not only jettisoned, but defamed and even demonized (see my book: Does God Repent? — Can God Change His Mind?). The majority of “Christians” today would reject Christ Himself if He were to return and teach His Doctrine. “Cotton-Candy Christianity”, as I call it, has removed all of the nutrients, fiber, protein—life—from “Christianity” and retained only sugar and added artificial color and flavorings to titillate the sinful palate and please man. Modern Christianity I have also long referred to as “Smorgasbord Christianity” (pick and choose what you like, spit out and throw in the garbage whatever does not suit your palate) and “Touched By An Angel Christianity” (a “feel good” humanistic love-fest with the perverse notion, “God loves you just the way you are; no need to change a thing”).
What passes for Christianity is humanism, which is man-centered. True Christianity—Theology is GOD centered. He is Creator, Master, Owner, Lord. Few Christians know Him as Master, Owner, Lord, and most today don’t even believe Him to be Creator (as they foolishly believe in evolution, believing the lies of atheists instead of believing real science). The majority of “Christians” believe in “God” and “Jesus” as mere folkways, traditions, and benign superstitions whose sole role is to provide “warm fuzzies” that makes man “feel good”. The majority of “Christians” are members of the Harlot-Apostate Church.
Good water cannot come from a polluted spring. No true health or life can be infused into the State by the Great Whore..., who, in fact, enables the corrupt politicians. As Christ declared, “25Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. 26Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also” (Matthew 23). As French-Savoyard philosopher Joseph Compte de Maistre expressed, “Every nation has the government it deserves”. You reap what you sow. Politicians are merely the “spiritual barometer” of the nation. If the nation is wicked how can its “leaders” be any different?
The only hope is true revival.
[For which I have reprinted numerous books on the Reformation and true historical revivals among our people—our people. Some of which are listed at the end of this Rumination.]
This is not in reference to “revival meetings” as carried out today, which are annually scheduled emotionally events—nothing more than “spiritual busywork”. True revival even as true conversion* is not a “decision” that any human makes; it is the moving of the Holy Spirit among God's people to convict them of sin, of which they cannot be convicted if they believe the Antichrist / Harlot lie that Jesus abolished the Law of God and broke down every barrier—which Christ Himself said that He did NOT do).
[* No one “converts” to Christianity. Those who think that they do so have merely “changed their club membership”; and it is a pseudo-spiritual delusion. The Holy Spirit converts.]
This does not mean that every last soul in Christedom must repent to save our destruction. It means that some SIGNIFICANT portion (the exact percentage or number of which only God knows) of those who are truly God’s people recognize that they have sinned against God in a plethora of ways, violating ALL of His Commandments (not merely the “Top Ten”). It means that MANY need to repent of their blasphemies, including their declaring that sin is no longer sin. It means that MANY need to repent of their complacent, derelict apathy, even passive treason in remaining silent and still as those more degenerate than themselves descend into the depths of the moral sewer far beyond what any person believed to be humanly possible.
[* —which are not merely 10 individual laws, but 10 categories of law under which the entire Law of God is organized. See my book, Ten Commandments... listed at the end.]
As I have long expressed, “Why should God deliver us from what we are willing to tolerate?” He commanded us to hate evil; not tolerate or ignore it—and certainly not to love, hold hands with, or legislatively protect it and put it on a pedestal to be worshipped. He set before us blessings and cursings, life and death and said, “Choose Life and live!” (Deuteronomy 30:19)—yet the majority choose curses and death and then complain, even though they got what they asked for. If you plant poison ivy don’t be upset when strawberries don’t come up—embrace the poison ivy...! You deserve it! The majority of “Christians” (even imagined “leaders” and “experts”) claim God’s Law is just “too much”; though God gave only about 613 laws and many of them are common sense that civilized, intelligent, moral people do anyway (such as if you are out in the woods and have to relieve your bowels dig a hole and bury it... —even cats know to do that!). God’s Law fits in the palm of your hand and He gave all of the laws for our good, to keep us healthy, strong, pure, prosperous. However, the corrupt Federal government has passed over 300,000 laws (and continues to pass more each year), which is contained in about 35 large hardback volumes, written in six-point to seven-point size print, and occupies over 17 feet of shelf-space (and even the “experts” can’t agree upon its meaning); and the majority of those laws were enacted to oppress and enslave us and enrich and empower the corrupt politicians.
[Both of the above are actually only 8-point; as this web program only has certain set font sizes.]
Yet the “blind leading the blind” shepherds (either evil or merely stupid) teach that “God’s Law is too much” while jumping through every illegitimate hoop of our renegade, treasonous public servants. These blind guides and traitors claim (by a perverse twisting of Scripture) that we are to obey every oppressive and immoral ordinance of illegitimate politicians—but that we don’t need to obey God! Wrap your head around that one!
There is no repentance without turning from what God forbade and turning to what He commanded—there is only pseudo-spiritual delusion.
That is why there is no revival. That is why there can be no Reformation. That is why there is no Deliverance.
See my books and booklets:
- Calling the Remnant of Christendom: Come Out From Among Them and Be Ye Separate...!, 88pp., 6.00 + P&H.
- Going Ape Over Political, Academic, Journalistic, and Ecumenical “Monkeybusiness”: A Swiss Tale, 84pp., 7.00 + P&H. Satirical short story; exposé and explanation of the invasion of Christendom by the Third World; and the only solution.
- Ten Commandments For You(th) —For Everyone! For Youth and Young-minded* Adults - An Explanation of the Ten Commandments and A Memory System using Bible Numerics; c.440pp., 6.25 x 9.25, pb., 25.00 + P&H; not on a child’s level, but for older youth and adults [* young minded, refers to opposite of “you can’t teach old dog new trick” and Christ taught if one wanted to see/enter the Kingdom he had to become as a little child, child-like faith / obedience.] shows that 10 Commandments not 10 individual laws, but 10 Categories of Law under which entire Law of God is organized; I show how other laws are so categorized & show how breaking any one is tantamount to breaking all; and that all 10 categories if violated are sins against God and all 10 categories if violated are sins against our kinsmen. Very detailed, enlightening, instructional; profound new thought and clear teaching that will be hard for antinomians to refute, if they will read. Also a detailed exposition of Matthew 5:38-40 concerning loving our “enemies”, “turning the other cheek”, “giving thy coat and cloak”, etc. These were not general, broad-based, universal statements, but only referred to accepting just punishment in court if one had truly sinned and damaged a kinsman and thus to accept the punishment gracefully, showing your true remorse for having damaged a brother; and “going the extra mile” likewise had specific (not universal) application; but modern “Christianity” has perverted this Sermon on the Mount teaching to mean we should just bend over and accept abuse and lie down and die. Christ taught Occupy till I come (not surrender or blend in with the world), and Paul wrote, have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness but REBUKE them... this is not consonant with “turning the other cheek” to GOD’S enemies, the enemies of Christendom: immoral people, aliens, perverts, criminals, antichrists, etc., which is not what Christ was teaching.]
- What’s Keeping God from Delivering America, Britain and Europe from Destruction...?, 112pp., pb., 9.50 + P&H.
Christendom and the U.S. have been lost because, as God declared, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge” (Hosea 4:6). Thomas Jefferson expressed, “If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never was and never will be” and “The God who gave us life gave us Liberty at the same time. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are a gift of God? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, and that His justice cannot sleep forever.” As gulag survivor and Nobel Prize winner Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn expressed, “To destroy a people you must first sever their roots”. Christianity and Christendom (and the U.S.) have been destroyed because the Reformation and OUR OWN true histories have not been taught for about a century. As Confucius (who I am not in the habit of reading or quoting) expressed, “Study the past if you would divine the future”. As the antichrist Friedrich Nietzsche wrote (ironically, in his, The Antichrist), “The majority of men prefer delusion to truth. It soothes. It is easy to grasp. Above all, it fits more snugly than the truth into a universe of false appearances”. American philosopher, political analyst, and military strategist (who could have, like the majority today, declared himself to be “handicapped” and lived a life of liesure at the expense of others), Homer Lea wrote, “The Judgements of men are formed, not from facts as they are, but as they wish them to be. They root through tons of good wheat to find three pieces of chaff, if the chaff lends weight to their belief and argument. It is not that they want others to know the truth, but to have them believe as they do. Beyond this they do not care. The conceit of man ordinarily forms his criterion of truth.” Similarly, Louis Pasteur expressed, “The greatest derangement of the human mind is to believe because one wishes it to be so”. Anatole France quipped, “If fifty million people say a foolish thing it is still a foolish thing.”
Ones heritage does him little good, if he does not know how or why to preserve it. If one does not know whence he came, he can not possibly know where to go, nor guide his children safely there”. If one has not studied the Reformation, the history, biographies, and doctrine of the Reformation, or the American Revolution and our Republican form of government established by the U.S. Constitution, there is no way that anyone can understand what the Reformers and Founders sacrificed, to know the importance of preserving it—nor even know what it is they should be preserving. One also needs to understand what Bolshevism / Communism / Socialism has historically and unchangingly been like, in order to realize that it is death (inquire for other books and booklets on this topic).
- Does God Repent...? Can God Change His Mind...? [And an Utter Demolishment of the Humanistic Myth of Man’s “Free Will” and Arminianism], 506pp., 25.00 + P&H. Lively, profound, revealing, thought provoking, convincing thought, logic, Scripture. Exposes the subversion of true Christian faith in counter reformation re-introducing false theology of Origen and Pelagius and corruption of modern church by Jesuits and crypto-jews and terribly deceived humanists such as Schleiermacher, Kierkegaard, Spinoza, Barth, Schweitzer, Erasmus of Rotterdam, and many more, including undermining of Puritan church by Solomon Stoddard, and much more; also dissects the false theology from one chapter of two different books; one by Dr. Normal Geisler and one by Brother Andrew.
- Faith & Freedom: Christian Roots of American Liberty, Hart, 384pp. excellent; one best books on Christian roots of U.S.; out of print, good used pb.,/Hb. copies; inquire.
- Foxe’s Christian Heroes and Martyrs of the World, a.k.a. Foxe’s Book of Martyrs: Being a History of the Persecution of the Protestants From the First Century Onward, by John Foxe and other Eminent Authorities, abbreviated edition, Newly Revised and Updated (1907) [originally published as “The Acts and Monuments of the Church Containing the History and Sufferings of the Martyrs” in 1564 in 1,800 pages by John Foxe] 60 full-page illustrations + Memoir of the author from an earlier edition by Walter Scott Publ. Co.; c.620pp., 6x9, quality pb., 24.00 + P&H.
- Historical Collections Relating to Remarkable Periods of the Success of the Gospel / Historical Collections of Accounts of Revival (1754/revised 1845, ed. updated by Horatius Bonar) Gillies, pb., 8.5x11, 600+pp., 35.00 + P&H. The print was small and the book 7x10 so I expanded to 8.5x11 and was able to enlarge the print 19%.
- The Power of Prayer: The New York Revival of 1858 (1858) Samuel Prime, 237pp., pb,. retypset, notes by R.A. Balaicius; excellent shows moving of God’s Spirit upon His people when they truly seek Him; 16.50 + P&H.
- Stories of Great Revivals with Contributions on Revival Work (1906) H. Johnson, Canon Aitken, F.B. Meyer, Stuart Holden, Gipsy Smith; c.420pp., pb., 25 00 + P&H. Chapters: Evangel. Revival of 18th Century England; Evangel. Revival of 18th Century Scotland; Evangel. Revival of 18th Century Wales; Evangel. Revival of 18th Cent. Ireland; Awakenings of 1858-1862 England, of 1858-1862 Scotland, of 1858-1862 Wales, of 1858-1862 North of Ireland; Work of Moody & Sankey 1873 - 1875; 1881-1884; Revival in Wales, 1904-1905; Torry-Alexander Mission, 1903-1905.
- The Story of the Light That Never Went Out: A History of English Protestantism For Young Readers (1903) W.S.M. and Augusta Cook; 586pp., 8.5x11, hundreds of illustrations, excellent; pb., 45.00 + P&H. One person who ordered this book, who is an older gentleman who has long been an avid reader, said this was one of the best and most important 5 books he has ever read. Another person saw an original at the library of Bob Jones University and was impressed with the book and ordered a copy from me, and could not believe the quality, being far better than the original; he took his new copy to BJU and showed it to them, and they ordered a copy so they could "retire" to the archives the original. [Contents: How The Light Came; How the Darkness Came; Parting of the Ways; The Venerable Bede, and Other Famous Men; England’s Greatest King; William the Conqueror and the Norman Period; Gathering Shadows; Midnight; England’s Bulwark, Or The Foundation of Liberty Laid; Monks and Friars With Shaven Crowns; How Lamp Was Kept Buring; Thomas Bradwardine, Man Who Trimmed the Lamp; Robert Longland, Man Who Dreamed A Dream; John Wycliffe; The Lollards; Chariots of Fire; The Fifteenth Century; Preparation For Reformation; How English Reformation Began; Two Great Discoveries & What Came of Them; Much-Married Monarch; William Tyndale; Martyr’s Prayer Answered; English Josiah; Dark Days; “Latimer’s Light Shall Never Go Out”; England’s Greatest Archbishop; “Of Whome World Was Not Worthy”; Daughters of The King; Lambs In Flock Of Slaughter; Why Martyrs Suffered; Martyr’s Memorials; John Foxe; What Might Have Been; Brighter Days; Jesuits; “Bonnie Queen Bess”; Invincible Armada; Martyrs or Murderers—Which?; Gunpowder, Treason & Plot; Old Time Ritualist; King & Parliament; “Old Noll”; Puritan England; “Merry Monarch”; Tinker Of Bedford; Stuart Schemer; Bishops Of Right Sort; Glorious Revolution; Protestantism Ascends The Throne; Light In Eighteenth Century; Victorian Era—World’s Greatest Empire; “Thy Kingdom Come.”]
- Twelve Reformation Heroes (1960) Neilson, 96pp., pb., 12.50 + P&H.
See also the superb book, that I do not print, but which I stock
- In the Day of Thy Power: The Scriptural Principles of Revival (1956), Arthur Wallis, 297pp., pb., 15.00 + P&H.
It is amazing that I have made these books available, reprinting or stocking them, for over a decade—and so few “Christians” have ever ordered them. Why...? —because they don’t care. Like God’s people, our ancestors, in the Old Testament, in their wilderness wandering, they would bitch and moan and complain and murmur about the situation—but did not care enough to do the one thing needed to change the situation: truly repent before God and obey what He commanded. Most “Christians” don’t care. They would reject Christ, His Doctrine, and His Law. They are humanists who want things “their way”; and while they will lament the loss of freedom and the destruction of civilization, they will impotently allow it as long as they can eke out a pathetic existence and die with the delusion that they are “free”—when they are not! They will accept enslavement by corrupt politicians as long as they can maintain their independence and “free will” and freedom from God!
Sweet Delusion of Apostate Christianity
How impotently do they sing
in church and claim His praises bring;
Sing heartfelt notions He’s their Lord,
though with His Doctrine they are bored;
“Thy stuffy rules they cramp my style;
—boy You’ve ‘been gone’ for quite a while;
“So ‘out of touch’, ‘stuck in the past’
how ever did You so long last?
“You’re ‘not so hip’, quite ‘out of step’
speak to my lawyer, he’s my ‘rep’;
“Encroach Thou not Almighty God,
into ‘my life’ dare not to trod;
“Be Thou content with bone I throw
though bare and dry, full this I know;
“Be Thou content with what I give
Be not Thou selfish, leave me live;
“The universe is Thy domain
but ‘my own life’ by right I claim;
“You’re ‘Lord of all’ I deign to grant
to rule my life I say ‘Thou shant!’
“So to my will O God do bend
and fail not to Thy Blessings send;
“Give Thy Son’s Life to Judgement stay
but then stay Thou out of my way.
“Until I from this earth do pass
to cross Celestial sea like glass;
“For You to learn how bless’d You are
to have me ‘ppear before Thy Bar;
“Though we both know some things shall change;
Thy Laws and rules I’ll rearrange;
“Heav’n must ‘progress’ to suit my taste
‘twould be a shame my talent waste;
“I’ll whip up Heaven into shape;
at my ‘improvements’ all shall gape;
“But don’t You worry, be Thou still
when I am done You’ll get my bill!”