- “God, should I obey my parents and clean up my room?”
- “God, should I obey my husband or do what I want to do? Should I do what I'm told but make him pay for it with a bitter, cold, resentful attitude? or should I actually submit my stubborn Jezebel spirit as You commanded and respect and obey even as I would You, since He is Your chosen authority over me...?”
- “God, should I steal this car?”
- “God, should I become a homopervert?”
- “God, should I hold to sound doctrine and not be popular or liked?”
- “God, should I ignore all the evil that is going on in my community and nation?”
- “God, should I watch criminal, immoral, anti-American, anti-Christian athletes, singers, and movie stars, and just be useless in the face of the destruction of Christendom?”
- “God, should I tithe and support true ministers who are standing up in the face of evil, or should I take my second annual vacation? What if they aren’t 501C3 corporations and I can’t get a tax write off for obeying You and be seen and rewarded of men too?”
- “God, should I eat this ham sandwich, pork rinds, catfish, lobster, shrimp and clams that you FORBADE and called ABOMINATIONS and said I DEFILE myself if I eat it because you did not make it to be eaten...? I mean, You created THOUSANDS of things for us to eat and you DO own my body and my body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit... and Christ said NOT ONE JOT OR TITTLE shall pass from the Law, and the dietary laws had NOTHING to do with salvation, but are a moral command that you gave throughout all our generations forever... should I have these abominations for lunch today? Well, okay, so Peter’s Vision had NOTHING to do with abolishing the dietary laws, Peter himself even said so... but 99% of preachers believe You abolished Your Law, and the U.S. IS a “democracy” (or so all the corrupt politicians, educators, and journalists continually tell us)... don’t we overrule You...?”
- “God, should we just ignore it when our preacher preaches false doctrine?”
- “God, should we just ignore it when our corrupt public servants commit treason?”
- “God, if we are supposed to turn the other cheek—shouldn’t You...?”
- “Do you really expect me to pray imprecatory prayers against evil every time that I see it?”
- “Do you want me to read the Bible or the daily newspaper? I mean, when I go to church on Sunday the preacher usually reads at least a verse or two... isn’t that enough?”
- “Should I keep the Sabbath as You commanded, and actually keep it HOLY and rest, not work, buy, sell, or trade—as You commanded throughout all our generations forever—...? Nowhere in the New Testament did you change the Sabbath to Sunday, but again, 99% of preacher claim you did (though they cannot provide a verse to prove it and you did say FOREVER and Christ did say “not one jot or tittle shall pass from the Law, and I guess one of the “TOP TEN” is FAR MORE than a mere tittle... but can’t I just pick whatever day is convenient to me, or the “traditional” day of those Christians in blindess who follow the day of sun-worship established by the Catholic church (along with the pagan holidays of Christmas and Easter)...? and can’t I just give you one or two hours? isn’t that enough...? can’t I pursue all my own pleasure the rest of the day...?
- “Should I read edifying Christian books or watch the latest Netflix movies or sitcoms and dramas and talk shows and sports on t.v.? Can’t I meditate on those other things too...? and just ignore all the evil in them?”
- “Do you really want me to pray without ceasing...? I mean, what would I talk to You about? We really don’t have a whole lot in common...”
“To him that knoweth to do good and doeth it not, to him it is sin.” (James 4:4)
“But be ye doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.” (James 1:22)
“If ye love Me keep My Commandments.” (John 14:15)
“17Think not that I am come to destroy the Law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the Law, till all be fulfilled.” (Matthew 5)
“4He that saith, ’I know Him’, and keepeth not His Commandments, is a liar, and the Truth is not in him. 5But whoso keepeth His Word, in him verily is the Love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in Him.“ (I John 2)
[Notice cause and effect... merely by “loving“ (a nebulous, indefinable concept, fuzzy emotions, according to sinful man’s notions) one does NOT keep God's Word / Law; by keeping God's Word / Law one demonstrates true love. Obedience is love; self-sacrifice (according to God's notions, not man's) is love. Love can be accompanied by fuzzy emotions, but love is not fuzzy emotions. Fuzzy emotions are bio-chemical reactions that can be based upon wholesomeness or immorality.]
“If ye keep My Commandments, ye shall abide in My Love; even as I have kept My Father’s Commandments, and abide in His Love.“ (John 15:10)
Jesus didn't have commandments of His own. His Commandments WERE GOD'S COMMANDMENTS. He was without sin. He came to do the Father's Will. He obeyed the Father. He said not one jot or tittle shall pass from the Law. "Christians" are anti-intellectual ON PURPOSE because they don't want to obey; but there is no "ignorance" clause in the Word of God and God commands us to read, study, MEDITATE ON HIS LAW and KNOW HIS WILL, so ignorance itself, after a very brief period of time, is sin itself.
They are not the "10 Suggestions" and there are not merely 10 of them. They do not contribute to salvation; they are the MORAL CODE by which God commanded us to live, and those "Christians" who violate them demonstrate that most probably they are unregenerate (unconverted, not saved, not Christians) because if a person is truly regenerated by God's Holy Spirit—HE WILL OBEY GOD, because the HOLY SPIRIT will lead him in the knowledge of Truth, convict him of sin, and give him the desire to obey all that God commanded to be an HONORABLE SON (someone truly regenerated vby God's Holy Spirit will NOT be indifferent or be content to believe flimsy excuses while ignoring God's clear Commands). See my book: Ten Commandments For Youth —For Everyone! For Youth and Young-minded* Adults - An Explanation of the Ten Commandments and A Memory System using Bible Numerics; c.440pp., 6.25 x 9.25, pb., 25.00 + P&H.
[* young minded, that is, "those with childlike faith and obedience" the OPPOSITE of you can't teach an old dog a new trick... if one is never regenerated, he persists in his old ways, even if he thinks they are "spiritual" because his "ancestors" observed those things as "spiritual"—whether it agrees with Scripture or not.]
“This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh [the violation of all that God commanded].“ (Galatians 5:16)
“If I regard iniquity [unrepented of, unconfessed sin] in my heart, the Lord will not hear me.“ (Psalm 66:18)
“23Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; 24Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.].“ (Matthew 5)
Tell me, if God does not hear prayers of those in sin, of those with unconfessed sin, and does not even accept a gift (prayers, tithe, worship, etc.) from a believer who has unresolved sin with his kinsman—HOW MUCH MORE does God not accept the worship or hear the prayers of His children who CALLOUSLY sin against Him and don't think it is even a matter worth studying, much less repenting of...? Repentance entails, turning from what He forbade and instead doing what He commanded... in addition to confessing and asking forgiveness. Anything short of this is not repentance.
SUBSTITUTING what SELF wants, instead of what God commanded, is not obedience, is not worship, is not prayer, is not repentance. CAIN offered what HE wanted instead of what God commanded. How did that work for him...?
God is HOLY. SINFUL HUMANS (every single one descended from Adam) ARE NOT HOLY. God is OMNISCIENT. Sinful humans are not. God is PERFECT; sinful humans are not. GOD IS BOSS. Sinful humans are not. Those who do not obey Him, He is not their "LORD". THEY ARE THEIR own god, their own lord. You can't pick and choose which parts of what God commanded you will obey. That is not obedience. Slaves don't choose which commands of their master to obey. Most Christians are humanists, that is why they rebel against God's Sovereignty and Lordship, while still deludedly thinking that they accept it... but every tree is known by its fruit.
He that hath ears to hear... let him hear...
for all the rest... we now return you to your regularly scheduled program... [until Judgment Day]
“1Behold, the LORD’S Hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither His Ear heavy, that it cannot hear: 2But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid His Face from you, that He will not hear. 3For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue hath muttered perverseness. 4None calleth for justice, nor any pleadeth for truth: they trust in vanity, and speak lies; they conceive mischief, and bring forth iniquity.“ (Isaiah 59)
“16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.“ (II Timothy 3)